Thursday 12 January 2023

Out of the Blue | Chelsea Newsome | Dropped at You by Schrader’s


Out of the Blue | Chelsea Newsome | Dropped at You by Schrader’s

By Jensen Amyotte

Dropped at you by Schrader’s

Title: Chelsea Newsome
Date of Start: February, 1998
Hometown: Williamstown, South Australia
Occupation: Working Theatre Nurse
Race Quantity: 10
Bike: 2013 Yamaha YZ250F
Race Membership: Atujara MCC
Lessons: Girls’s Open

This week, we function #10 Chelsea Newsome from Williamstown, Australia. | Jake Mitchell picture

Who/what impressed you to get into the game of motocross and the way lengthy have you ever been racing/driving? 

My household impressed me to start out racing. Each my dad and grandad competed in off street occasions each on solo bikes and sidecars, so rising up there have been all the time motorbikes in our shed. I first began driving bikes once I was 10 years previous and my first bike was a Suzuki JR80. My first race was at 13 years previous the place I competed in off street/enduro-style occasions on my Yamaha YZ85. I used to be 15 years previous earlier than I began racing motocross, each on an 85cc and a 250cc. I even have had the chance to be a passenger on a motocross sidecar as nicely.

When not on a mud bike, how do you retain your self busy? Are you concerned in some other sports activities or extracurricular actions?

At this stage in my life, I attempt to spend as a lot time on the bike as I can. This yr’s plans would be the most I’ve rode in a few years due an damage, learning at college, and dealing. Previously, I take advantage of to play netball alongside racing. Planning has been onerous attributable to my job, and having to be on-call.

As a racer, are there any obstacles you’re feeling a feminine racer has to take care of that perhaps a male racer doesn’t?

In my time competing there have been a number of cases the place I’ve definitely felt the distinction in being a feminine competitor. After I first began, the feminine class sizes have been loads smaller, barely sufficient and infrequently not sufficient to even have the category acknowledged at state degree. Now although, the category sizes have positively elevated which is superb to see so many females turning into concerned within the sport. I feel social media positively has contributed to this because it’s loads simpler for folks to achieve out or uncover different feminine racers and look to attempting the game for themselves.

Out of your first trip to the place you at the moment are, what’s one thing you by no means thought you’ll be capable of overcome however have?

Trying again, in the event you instructed my 10-year-old self that I’d have competed in one among Australia’s greatest off-road occasions, the Hattah Desert Race, there’s no means I’d have believed you. It’s so essential to replicate on the place you began and your journey as a result of it’s really easy to get caught up and neglect all of the superb experiences that motorcycling can deliver you.

Chelsea additionally races flat monitor and enduro. | Kirsty Newsome picture.

Inform us about your 2022 race season.  

This season I’m trying to get again on the bike extra typically and begin competing once more at a membership degree regionally to achieve extra expertise and get my confidence again on the bike after having quite a lot of years off due turning into injured from a crash in 2016, after which starting college research and now working.

What are your greatest accomplishments so far?

My greatest and favorite achievement so far must be my third place within the Junior lady’s class on the Hattah Desert Race in 2014. I by no means imagined I’d have been within the place to realize a podium at a nationwide race. I’ve additionally been in a position to podium in South Australian Girls’s Motocross, Off-Street (Senior and Junior) and win a Grime Observe state title, in addition to podium in a Victorian Grime Observe state title additionally.

What’s the greatest lesson that motocross racing/ off-road has taught you thus far?

Setbacks occur, study from it and transfer ahead. That is simpler stated than accomplished in each sport and life, however racing/driving is unpredictable. Studying from errors or misfortunes and utilizing it to enhance is essential.

The place do you see your self in 5 years? 

In 5 years, I hope to be racing extra typically competing in state titles once more each motocross and off-road in addition to ticking off some bucket listing rides corresponding to MX nationals, Finke Desert Race and endeavor some journey driving.

Are there any females on the market who you’re feeling have paved the best way for different ladies to achieve success in motocross or off street?

Rising up I regarded as much as riders corresponding to Ashley Fiolek, Megan Rutledge, Jess Gardiner, and Jemma Wilson. Seeing what they have been in a position to obtain was superb and the voice they began for feminine racers was superb. I’ve had the chance, a few years in the past, to fulfill Jess at an Australian Off-Street occasion the place she went out of her approach to come and introduce herself to me and different feminine Junior riders whereas ready to compete. Her encouragement and enthusiasm was unbelievable.

What sort of monitor/dust do you’re feeling you excel at most and why? 

I like attempting new issues. I like sand driving, dust tack, mx tracks, enduro tracks. Anyplace I can spend time on the bike.

Chelsea is wanting ahead to much more racing this season after an damage in 2016 stored her away for a while. | Psycs Pixs picture

In the event you may give 1 piece of recommendation to a feminine of any age who needs to start out driving, what would it not be?

Go for it. It’s a lot enjoyable and is so rewarding. The experiences I’ve had in motorcycling have been superb. The buddies you make and the locations you may journey is unbelievable.

What was your first concern once you began driving and the way did you overcome it? 

I keep in mind studying to trip and being so harassed about studying learn how to use the clutch and gears, which now appears fairly humorous. Observe, apply and extra apply. Experience time is all the pieces with studying, health and endurance on the bike, but additionally the extra you trip the extra enjoyable you will have, so it’s all the time a win-win.

What was your first race quantity and the way did you select it?

My first race quantity was 31. I selected this as a result of it was the identical as what my dad was working at the moment and I wished to match.

What do you love to do within the off season? 

In Australia, the off season is in summer time, so I like spending time on the seaside and having fun with the vacation season, however haven’t any concern, I’ve positively spent a whole lot of my summers lately at a monitor. My associate races each speedway and dust monitor (flat monitor), with speedway primarily having their season via summer time, so a whole lot of our time is spent getting ready bikes, travelling and racing.

Thanks to Schrader’s for his or her continued assist of WMX.



The post Out of the Blue | Chelsea Newsome | Dropped at You by Schrader’s appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/out-of-the-blue-chelsea-newsome-dropped-at-you-by-schraders/

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...