Monday 1 May 2023

Bandit Rider: Glen Orua Path Trip


Properly, that is the journey I have been ready for ever since I purchased the RMX.  

The Glen Orua path journey was the first path journey that Colin and I did on our WR’s and it was a little bit of a mission because of the boggy circumstances.  However, we each had actually loved it and it was nicely organised with heaps of riders on it.  For a wide range of causes I would missed everybody of those till this previous weekend – and a chilly earlier within the week had could nervous for some time…

Because it turned out, I used to be almost again to 90% so I wasn’t going to overlook it…

One other distinction this time round (apart from the higher bike for it) was that it was being hosted in Tangimoana on a farm that I imagine they’ve used for it earlier than.  No change to the thousands and thousands that attended it – it is undoubtedly a preferred journey and the organisers reckoned they needed to ship out for extra sausages…

I obtained there round 9:20, unloaded the bike after which wandered round whereas ready for the 9:45 briefing.  Sadly the wait was a bit longer they usually wanted to attend for the ambulance to get there (caught in a queue of utes and trailers) and in addition wished to get everybody signed in so that they did not miss the briefing.

Cleanish (okay, it hadn’t been washed) and just a few of the riders autos – that grass in entrance quickly stuffed up utterly!

Ultimately, we had been most likely off about half an hour late and I used to be one of many first few (hundred) to get out on the primary led lap.  I took it pretty quietly and shortly found that there was going to be fairly just a few whoops, sand, some neat driving throughout what are most likely grass lined sand dunes, sand, some mud, sand, some extra technical sluggish stuff in a pine plantation, sand and a few faster bits on the way in which round an roughly 15km course.  Enjoyable stuff!

After lap 1, I had a fast water cease earlier than heading out once more for a a lot faster (for this child) lap two.  This is the whole lap – ensure you watch all of it 😜

One other fast cease for water and after tossing up the concept of an early lunch, I made a decision to get in one other lap.  This time round I used to be somewhat slower in locations as I used to be already beginning to get a wee bit drained.  Drained sufficient to make a foolish mistake in one of many muddy bits:

Properly, not less than I did not get caught within the mud gap…

Again on the carpark it was lastly time for a lunch break.  A sausage (in bread with onions and sauce please), sandwich, drink and a slice of chocolate banana cake together with extra water all went down very properly.

Whereas scoffing it down I used to be joined by Steve who was there on his two-smoke but additionally had a model new DRZ-400 to check out.  So on lap 4 I adopted (or tried to comply with) him round whereas getting simply that little bit extra sore and drained.  One relaxation cease and somewhat drop later and that was the top of the lap and sufficient for me.

One other nice day trip on the yellow bike and although I am nonetheless sore now (as ordinary) I actually get pleasure from it and the train you get driving offroad.  Subsequent one in just a few weeks  – fingers crossed!

A unclean grime bike is a contented grime bike!

The post Bandit Rider: Glen Orua Path Trip appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/bandit-rider-glen-orua-path-trip/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bandit-rider-glen-orua-path-trip

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...