Sunday 18 June 2023

105 Di2 Catastrophe Firmware stored Crashing throughout an Endurance Race


I simply did my first endurance race on my new Synapse 105 Di2 bike.

The Di2 firmware stored crashing. The bike would refuse to vary gears, entrance or again. I must pull over and press the button on the rear derailleur with a view to get it to start out shifting once more. Time and again. No sample or repro steps, simply fully random.

I additionally obtained a spurious ‘battery degree essential’ error that freaked me proper out firstly of the race, however certainly the battery was absolutely charged and I used to be capable of get the shifters restarted via the whole race.

It may be on account of a firmware improve {that a} native store did earlier than the race. Is that this a recognized bug?

It didn’t look like in crash mode, as I didn’t need to undergo crash restoration mode. It did occur the primary time after hitting a small bump, presumably whereas sifting. The remainder of the occasions it occurred after a shift. A lot of the crashes had been in a really excessive gear. There isn’t any harm to my rear detailer and I’ve by no means had an accident or a lot as bumped my bike.

Would recognize any data or recommendation right here as it’s now fairly onerous to belief my bike or Shimano’s software program.

Not that I ever have, or will, EVER, trusted Shimano software program after shopping for the Ultegra energy meter crank set.

The post 105 Di2 Catastrophe – Firmware stored Crashing throughout an Endurance Race appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/105-di2-catastrophe-firmware-stored-crashing-throughout-an-endurance-race/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=105-di2-catastrophe-firmware-stored-crashing-throughout-an-endurance-race

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...