Sunday 11 June 2023

About – Scooter within the Sticks


Portrait of Steve Williams, author of Scooter in the Sticks

Steve, creator of Scooter within the Sticks

Scooter within the Sticks is about using and the way it can improve and develop the expertise of life.  On a Vespa scooter, a Royal Enfield Himalayan, or on any form of motorbike.

It started as an experiment and developed right into a device I exploit to mirror, quiet the thoughts, and share experiences and questions that floor whereas using the Vespa or BMW motorbike. Sooner or later I’ll be questioning about threat and the following doing psychological arithmetic on what number of years I’ve left earlier than I’ll have to hold up the helmet. Whatever the subject, I discover the mixture of using, pictures, writing, and running a blog helps silence the noise between my ears.

However why are you right here? Is there actually any worth in visiting Scooter within the Sticks?  Perhaps.  When you’re involved in using a Vespa, Royal Enfield Himalayan (or every other two-wheeled machine for that matter) then you definately’ll discover content material that can show you how to make selections about whether or not to start using, proceed using, or cease using.  There are tales about bikes and likewise a whole lot of content material about using in chilly climate and on via winter.  And if nothing else, there are a whole lot of pictures of the Vespa and the Himalayan.

I believe the true worth could also be in serving to reply these uncomfortable questions on residing. Or maybe extra pointedly, not residing, feeling trapped in routine and ritual because the clock ticks and life passes by.  Using could be a remarkably reflective expertise and develop into a platform for asking private questions.

Scooter within the Sticks has been round for nearly 14 years and I really feel like I haven’t actually gotten began but. I invite you alongside on the journey and look ahead to your concepts and feedback — they make the journey richer for everybody.

And some phrases about me.  Except for being the author and photographer right here and a rider of a Vespa scooter, essentially the most notable facet of my existence proper now could be I’m a coronary heart assault survivor.  In Might of 2015 I suffered a coronary heart assault that might have ended my life had I not been in an emergency room when it occurred.  That occasion has formed my life shifting ahead and has targeted a few of my reflections on what it means to be rising older.

In case I die learn this.  My good friend Michael Beattie, scooter rider and creator of Key West Diary, visited in August of 2018 after finishing an Iron Butt 1500 experience on his Suzuki Burgman 200.  Fairly a feat.  1500 miles in 32 hours.  Key West to Niagara Falls. He wrote an exquisite account of our go to and did a very good job describing my using and me.  I can use it for my obituary sometime.

HEART ATTACK: I posted the “story” of my coronary heart assault in Accepting the Path Forward. Maybe of curiosity to all of the older readers within the crowd. *GRIN*

None of this is able to be doable with out the love, help, and inventive stimulation of my spouse.  She got here up with the identify, Scooter within the Sticks, and has contributed excess of she realizes.

Steve Williams with BMW R nineT motorcycle

Steve
Scooter within the Sticks

Particular notice about utilizing my content material.

I work exhausting to make images, write tales and usually preserve Scooter within the Sticks. It’s a labor of affection. Please don’t scrape or raise my content material with out permission. After which solely with acceptable credit score to the supply.

All materials on the location is protected by copyright.

Thanks!



The post About – Scooter within the Sticks appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/about-scooter-within-the-sticks/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=about-scooter-within-the-sticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...