Thursday 22 June 2023

Amelia Squariel: W/NG a puncture


One other sudden occasion this week – a puncture. Unusual, as a result of air immediately began hissing out of the tyre after I might been standing within the workshop for an hour – the bike hadn’t been out for days. 

I had a spare tube and resolved to repair it with the instruments I had on board, simply to show that I might. 

The wheel got here out simply, even with the panniers in place, although one of many high hat washers on the drive aspect (the repro one) was very stiff within the slot. I skimmed it within the lathe. 

Proving that tyre altering is all about method, the duvet got here off simply. 

Uncommon puncture – the tube has fretted in opposition to an unused safety bolt gap within the rim:

It is gone by the rim tape too. 

Nothing a lot right here, however I pulled off this outdated canvas tape, wire brushed the entire rim and laid a chunk of the outdated tube over the opening to bolster it. 

Having inspected the brake, which was exhibiting good even put on, I changed the tube. 

Job executed – virtually. The connector hose on the pump was fully knackered. Luck was on my aspect, as a result of though I inflated the tyre with my workshop pump I discovered I had a real Apex pump with its lengthy connector in inventory! 

The post Amelia Squariel: W/NG – a puncture appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/amelia-squariel-w-ng-a-puncture/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=amelia-squariel-w-ng-a-puncture

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...