Monday 12 June 2023

Di2 Rear Shifting points | Street Bike, Biking Boards


Hey all,

Very long time lurker- first time poster. Thanks upfront for any assist/insights.

I have been on the assorted generations of 10/11 pace Di2 for the previous 8 years or so. I’ve normally loved good shifting with minimal adjustment. That being stated, I’ve had a horrendous time making an attempt to work out a shifting demon on my Shimano 8050 RD. I’ve about 15,000 miles on this group and for the previous six months or so, my rear shifting has been diabolical.

Particularly, I have been coping with crunchy/jumpy shifts, particularly between the 4th and fifth gears. The RD additionally hesitates to shift down into the 11/13 within the huge ring and runs poorly within the lowest gears within the little ring. I am additionally noticing that the RD would not “overcorrect” in shifting to the 11 like all my earlier Di2 RDs.

Just a few issues I’ve tried, largely to no avail:
-I’ve reset and checked the hanger alignment numerous instances (with a DAG). I not too long ago switched to an OEM direct mount hanger, which appears to have made the shifting considerably worse.
-I’ve adopted the Shimano guide to set my limits.
-I’ve listed the gears time and time once more with the E-tube undertaking. Firmware can also be updated.
-I’ve changed my chain and the cassettes on all of my wheelsets.

Just a few issues price mentioning:
-I am operating a 53/36 setup within the entrance. I have been informed that it could possibly be agitating issues, however I’ve run this up to now with little to no destructive affect to shifting.
-I very not often –if ever– have entrance derailleur points.
-Shifting efficiency is healthier some days and worse that others, inexplicably. One at some point the shifting will really feel nice, the subsequent it could possibly be completely terrible.
-It’s seemingly my B-tension was a bit off up to now. There’s some telltale put on on the within of the derailleur cage. I’ve performed my finest to appropriate this, though I discover the Shimano steerage on this matter to be imprecise in that some say there ought to be a spot of Xmm between the chain and the biggest sprocket whereas some manuals say to get the highest pulley as near the biggest sprocket with out fouling smaller gears.
-I changed the pulleys about 7,000 miles in they usually do not look like overly worn.
-The bike the RD is on has by no means been crashed at pace. Very early on, the wind knocked the bike over on the drive facet whereas leaning towards a wall. This bent the hanger and despatched the chain into the spokes. There appeared to be little to no injury to the RD itself and it shifted nice for whereas after that incident.

I’m lacking one thing/doing one thing incorrectly right here or am I chasing my story with a defective derailleur?

The post Di2 Rear Shifting points | Street Bike, Biking Boards appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/di2-rear-shifting-points-street-bike-biking-boards/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=di2-rear-shifting-points-street-bike-biking-boards

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...