Saturday 24 June 2023

My 1st Journey To My Camp 2023


 Spent a pair days getting the 1971 Yamaha R5 all tuned up and able to journey out within the nation of Northern NY final week . I additionally spend a day going through my 2000 Chevy S10 decide as much as carry my R5 and kit up. Then I packed !

I left house right here in Lengthy Island on Tuesday morning at 4:30 AM and drove the roughly 400 miles up arriving at round 12:30 PM .Discovered some downed timber  from winter storms so I reduce my manner in kind of with my chain noticed after opening up the constructing. 

After cleansing the constructing ,making a mattress ,and slicing the timber I used to be just about beat so I ate one thing ,went down the highway to this retailer and obtained ice for the cooler and known as house to let my spouse know I had made it okay.  Subsequent morning I obtained a climate forecast of rain beginning on Friday and lasting for the higher a part of the following week so I made a decision to go away the bike on the truck and head house Friday morning. It was a lonely journey.Talked with the brand new proprietor of the place subsequent to mine.He looks like an okay man so I am glad to have a neighbor. Additionally talked with my new good friend who lives up on the finish of the highway.He introduced down an outdated rim and tire that can match my S10 that he has from when he owned one.That was good of him and we spent about an hour speaking about issues.We’re each the identical age , 74 . We each know the deal now as all our mates both moved away or died. He is residing on this good cabin he constructed off the grid.Good man.Went into Potsdam to get some provides and stopped into the native Tractor Provide Retailer. Was in there lower than one minute after I hear the cashier name out ” who owns that motorbike on that truck exterior and what’s it ? ” So I reply “me” and stroll over to speak along with her.The shop was empty so we have been in a position to speak for a great quarter-hour about her bike that she simply obtained,a 1978 Honda 750.She was in her early 20’s perhaps and that is her first motorbike and she or he’s simply studying to journey. She had no thought the place to search out elements so I informed her concerning the Classic Japanese Bike Present in PA in August and gave her the identify of one in all my mates who’s a Honda vendor and can be the man who places on the occasion.So, maybe I made a good friend.She was telling me that her and her boyfriend might attend so we’ll see.It will be actual good to know somebody in Potsdam with an outdated Japanese motorbike . The journey was brief , I solely spent  3 nights and a couple of full days at my camp earlier than heading house forward of this foul climate that we’re having. Journey house yesterday was good for essentially the most half till I hit this horrible site visitors after I got here throughout the bridge to LI. Effectively,now I do know why I can not wait to maneuver north ! Later in the present day I am going to get the bike off my truck and get again to engaged on my good friend John’s motor so I can ship it to the Japanese Bike  Present in August all prepared for us to put in within the bike whereas there . All of us like to wrench  with our mates we solely get to see yearly once we go to those occasions . Life is sweet !

The post My 1st Journey To My Camp 2023 appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/my-1st-journey-to-my-camp-2023/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=my-1st-journey-to-my-camp-2023

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...