Monday 11 September 2023

I want new motorbike armor!


I’ve a favourite motorbike jacket, a Harley Davidson “Switchback” that’s now ten years previous. After I put it on to journey Howard’s Twisted Tongue, I observed the elbow armor was damaged into a number of items.

This jacket has been nice for 3 season motorbike using.  It has a zippered, detachable textile cowl that, when on, supplies good wind safety in addition to some fundamental rain safety.  When the quilt is eliminated it’s a mesh jacket for these heat to sizzling days.  There are pockets for elbow, shoulder and again armor constructed into the jacket.

The trendy model of this jacket has zipper vents the place you may have roll up the vent covers. It seems to be silly and is a silly design.

After I took a better have a look at the damaged elbow armor, I additionally observed that the opposite armor was breaking up as properly.  The armor that got here with the jacket was CE degree 1 and was now previous it use by date. I wanted to switch this motorbike armor as quickly as attainable.

I needed to go to my native Harley Davidson dealership to search out out the place they’re with a motorbike I want to purchase and whereas I used to be there, I observed that that they had substitute armor on the market.  One journey solved my armor challenge, I nonetheless have a difficulty relating to the brand new motorbike although.

The brand new armor can also be CE Stage 1 however is radically totally different than what got here with the jacket 10 years in the past.  The previous armor was very thick and never very versatile.  The brand new armor may be very skinny and extremely versatile.  The documentation said that upon influence it turns into arduous and absorbs the influence, I hope I by no means have to search out out.

Throughout all this I additionally observed that the mesh seam underneath the suitable arm was coming aside. A visit to the native seamstress mounted that downside.  My favourite motorbike jacket is displaying its age, I want I might discover one other motorbike jacket with the identical options.

*****

Trip on, Trip Protected

The post I want new motorbike armor! appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/i-want-new-motorbike-armor/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=i-want-new-motorbike-armor

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...