Saturday 23 December 2023

Bandit Rider: Xmas Path Trip


 Yesterday was the Bush Riders Xmas Path trip.  Immediately I’m sore…

Completely price it!

The trip was simply 40mins ute drive from my place and by the point I bought there, there have been loads of autos parked up and bikes being unloaded.  I parked between two very flash utes towing even flasher trailers, certainly one of them had led lighting and a fridge was protecting the drinks cool.  I had ice in my camel-bak…

After the rider briefing (the place we have been warned of moist slippery grass), we have been led out on the opening 15km+ lap and I can affirm that the grass was slippery – for people who do not know, a 450 goes sideways on these items while you consider touching the throttle or altering gear.  Sure, it’s nonetheless enjoyable.

After a fairly quiet first lap, I did not cease again on the pits however carried on into my second lap with the grass simply the slightly bit much less slippery – a few hundred bikes had kinda mounted that.  As I made my approach round I saved an eye fixed out for an honest spot to take some photographs, have a breather and kill some gorse.

BTW: the chap within the first two pics under will need to have been in his sixties and he is driving a TS185 that was in all probability over 40 years previous too!

Ending lap two, I pulled into the pits for a extra first rate breather.  It was undoubtedly scorching work on the market and I wanted to get my breath again a bit.  This cease become an early lunch the place I used to be extra enthusiastic about getting water in than the tucker.

Again out onto lap three and I used to be driving loads higher and was fairly fast on the short bits and never making too many errors elsewhere however I used to be already beginning to really feel it a bit.  There was one actually bumpy hill climb that you simply actually felt via the arms and naturally my legs have been tiring too.  However I used to be nonetheless having enjoyable.

After that lap I had a fast cease once more within the pits, utilizing gasoline as an excuse.  I solely put about 4L within the bike so it was a fairly flimsy excuse because the bike carries just below 10L with it is upgraded tank.

Anyway, I made it a fast cease as I discovered that the longer you stayed stopped, the extra issues begin hurting.  Lap 4 was a cracker with some good tempo however by the point I had handled that hill climb and a few of steep descents I figured that was sufficient for me.  In all probability just below two hours driving all up.

Again on the ute, I rapidly loaded up so I may then get out of my scorching, sweaty gear and begin rehydrating in earnest.  It was scorching.  And it was a scorching drive dwelling to a scorching home and a day consisting of not a lot…

Nonetheless, superior enjoyable.  Love these path rides and getting out on the yella terra!

The post Bandit Rider: Xmas Path Trip appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/bandit-rider-xmas-path-trip/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bandit-rider-xmas-path-trip

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...