Wednesday 17 January 2024

BUDD JOINS WATERS & MATHER ON HUSKY


2 hours in the past | Phrases: Matt Bernard | Pictures: Husqvarna

Raceline Husqvarna Berry Candy Racing has introduced a formidable workforce to sort out the home motocross and supercross championships, with the latest addition being 2023 Serco Yamaha rider Rhys Budd.

The 2024 Australian ProMX Championship and Australian Supercross Championship (AUSX) will mark Raceline Husqvarna Berry Candy Racing’s second full season in working the official motocross workforce of Husqvarna Bikes in Australia, as a consequence of construct upon expertise gained this 12 months and with agency intentions to carry out on the highest of requirements on-track.

At 33, former nationwide MX1 champion Waters is a mainstay in Australian motocross and has a wealthy historical past with the Husqvarna Bikes model, getting ready to increase his racing profession onboard the Husqvarna FC 450 whereas additionally guiding each Budd and Mather to assist additional their careers.

Budd is a welcome new addition to Raceline Husqvarna Berry Candy Racing, the 22-year-old persistently factoring in direction of the entrance of the MX2 pack in current seasons and claiming fourth within the 2023 standings. He’s swiftly tailored to the Husqvarna FC 250 and will probably be focusing on a first-career championship when the brand new ProMX season commences in March.

One other new addition to Raceline Husqvarna Berry Candy Racing’s MX2 roster is Mather, who after ending runner-up within the MX3 championship this previous season, has the chance to transition into the professional class on his Husqvarna FC 250. The 18-year-old is keen to be taught from the likes of Waters and Budd in what will probably be his second time period as a part of the Raceline Efficiency-operated effort.

Todd Waters: “We’re stepping issues up subsequent 12 months with Rhys Budd as our lead MX2 rider and we now have Jack Mather stepping up from MX3 after getting second within the ProMX championship this 12 months. I’ve additionally moved again to the Gold Coast so I can handle the workforce simpler, however I’m additionally using with the boys down right here twice per week now too. We’ve acquired our testing underway already, which has been constructive up to now. I’ve had so much higher pre-season this 12 months than I did final 12 months once I was solely on the bike for 2 weeks earlier than the primary spherical coming off my shoulder damage, so I’ve lastly had an opportunity to do some testing and to strive various things. I simply didn’t have the time at the start of 2023, in order that’s good to be doing that now. I’m going to mentor the 2 boys and attempt to assist them grow to be being 450 riders sooner or later – I would like them to ultimately take my place. I really feel prefer it’s an excellent position for me to be a workforce supervisor as a result of as a rider I’ve all the time beloved serving to out the youthful guys and serving to them develop. Our infrastructure is rising, we’ve put just a few additional mechanics on this 12 months, so we’re excited to go racing in 2024. I’m feeling snug, I’m again within the groove of residing down on the Gold Coast and using with among the high guys, so I’ve an excellent gauge of the place I’m at and I do know what I must work on. We’re leaps and bounds forward of the place we had been right now final 12 months as a workforce, so 2024 goes to be thrilling for us.”

Rhys Budd: “I’m super-stoked to signal with the Raceline Berry Candy Husqvarna Racing Staff for 2024 and the transition has been very easy for me. I’ve been on the FC 250 just a few instances now and I really feel like I’m gelling with it good, so I’m pumped! Attending to work with Todd has been nice, he’s acquired a lot information and expertise in our sport, so I’m wanting ahead to soaking that each one up and studying as a lot as I can. It’s going to be a extremely enjoyable 12 months, the vibes across the workforce are excessive, so I’m wanting ahead to it.”

Jack Mather: “I’m actually joyful to be stepping as much as the MX2 class for 2024 and to be doing it with Raceline Berry Candy Husqvarna Racing. I’ve acquired a extremely good relationship with everybody within the workforce and I do know that they’ve acquired my again 100%, so it’s an amazing feeling to be taking that subsequent step into the professional ranks with those that I do know and am actually conversant in as a workforce.”

Kyle Blunden (KTM Group Australia Motorsport Supervisor): “Firstly, we’re thrilled to enter the second 12 months of our partnership with the Raceline Husqvarna Berry Candy Racing workforce, which did a incredible job in 2023 and raised the bar on many ranges all through the season. Staff proprietor Todd Waters will once more lead the cost within the MX1 class aboard the FC 450. Todd’s expertise and fervour for the game make him a power to be reckoned with, and the right information and mentor for the youthful guys he’s bringing into the workforce in 2024. The workforce welcomes Rhys Budd as their new MX2 rider. We’re excited to see Rhys in motion on his FC 250 and consider expertise and dedication will add a brand new dimension to the workforce. Jack Mather can even be stepping as much as the MX2 class after a powerful season in MX3. I couldn’t be extra enthusiastic concerning the Raceline Husqvarna Berry Candy Racing prospects for 2024. After a really spectacular 12 months one, the workforce will little question be heading into their second 12 months with a refined method and lots of wind of their sails. We look ahead to seeing them in motion on the ProMX come March subsequent 12 months.”



The post BUDD JOINS WATERS & MATHER ON HUSKY appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/budd-joins-waters-mather-on-husky/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=budd-joins-waters-mather-on-husky

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...