Saturday 27 January 2024

UPDATE: A New Yr, New Challenges


A metal sign about aging and riding.
An nameless reward…

Ageing and Driving

This metallic signal was delivered to my residence. From who I don’t know. However I’ve to suppose it pertains to a video I posted just lately on YouTube that explores the query — When is it time to cease driving?

That video appeared to the touch a nerve as 1000’s watched it and a whole bunch commented. I’ll publish the video beneath.

Getting older, it’s taking place to all of us on a regular basis.

Getting older is unusual. And issues appear to occur quicker and quicker on a regular basis. Up to now couple weeks I’ve realized I want listening to aids and that I’m growing cataracts and the strain in my eyes is growing. The listening to aids went in my ears immediately and it was type of surprising how a lot I wasn’t listening to. And there was excellent news with my eyes in that the cataracts aren’t unhealthy sufficient to warrant surgical procedure.

I’ll take these wins.

Vespa ET4 in a winter landscape
Trip child experience.

Itching to Trip

The climate for the previous month has been chilly, moist, snowy, dreary, and customarily not best for driving. There was a time I might courageous the weather however I’m wiser now.

However sufficient is sufficient generally and the itch to experience was robust sufficient that I went out on the Vespa ET4 when the temperature rose above the freezing mark and the roads have been solely moist.

Belgian Sheepdog in snow.
Snow? So what.

Winter is a State of Thoughts

My canine remind me that snow and chilly climate are one thing to take pleasure in and never conceal from. I’m nonetheless studying that lesson. I’m discovering it simpler on a regular basis to calm down into a simple chair and watch the climate from a heat indoor vantage level. I can barely drag myself out to play with the canine not to mention go for a experience.

Two Belgian Sheepdogs on a walk.
Rising into the world. Once more.

It’s wonderful how only a slight rise in temperature can stimulate me to go exterior for a stroll. Having canine pushes the purpose. They always remind me of what a beautiful world it’s…

Shooting video with a Fuji XT-2.
Enjoyable making movies.

Video Manufacturing

It’s in all probability apparent to these of you who comply with Scooter within the Sticks right here that I’ve been paying much more consideration to creating movies for my YouTube channel that I’m writing essays for the weblog. I’ve given up attempting to handle each effectively and simply do what I take pleasure in doing. And proper now the puzzle of making movies makes me smile.

What doesn’t make me smile although are the cantankerous GoPro Hero 8 cameras and their finicky controls. And worse, the crappy batteries.

Battery stuck inside a GoPro Hero 8 camera
A tragic scene — a lithium battery caught contained in the digital camera.

I ignored the slight swelling of the lithium battery. After which it swelled sufficient within the digital camera to defy removing. I pulled the highest off the battery attempting to take away it and promptly separated the highest from the battery. A search on YouTube confirmed find out how to get the battery out together with the risks of fireplace and explosion.

I’ve all the time hated these cameras so I used to be not unhappy to do away with it. And now I’ve one GoPro and that’s sufficient.

***VESPA GTS REPAIR UPDATE***

I spoke with the mechanic and he has all of the work accomplished aside from the entrance finish. I believe that’s full now and can in all probability hear from him this coming week. The one sudden discover that I didn’t define was a failing rear wheel bearing. Now the GTS is sporting a pleasant new one.

Hopefully I’ll have the scoot again in rotation in early February. Simply in time for the nice and cozy climate!



The post UPDATE: A New Yr, New Challenges appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/update-a-new-yr-new-challenges/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=update-a-new-yr-new-challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...