Saturday 3 February 2024

Royal Enfield Himalayan or a Honda 125 Path?


2022 Royal Enfield Himalayan
Is it time to downsize?

Shocked at How Quick They Get Heavy.

It was solely a pair years in the past that I felt the BMW K75C was getting too heavy to deal with. Plus I wished one thing to journey within the mountains. Not on tough trails or single monitor. Simply the various filth and gravel forest roads. And the Royal Enfield Himalayan was a good selection for me. And I’ve so as to add, I like that motorbike.

However…. There’s at all times a however. Particularly after I become old. I don’t really feel the identical type of “heavy” I did with the BMW however I undoubtedly have turn out to be extra conscious of the burden of the Himalayan. On a great day I’m undecided if I may choose it up after a drop. And undoubtedly not on a nasty again day. And if it fell on my my getting old bones is likely to be extra vulnerable to fracture. Simply what I would like as I journey on the trail in the direction of age 70 this yr.

So I’ve been doing a little pondering and scheming and prowling of the web.

2023 Honda 125 Trail
May this be the reply?

The Honda CT 125 Path

There’s one thing enticing to me about this Honda motorbike. In the identical means the Himalayan is. It exudes practicality with out sophistication. Easy in design and construct. Rugged in look. And fulfilling a necessity that goes past driving within the filth and gravel.

And at 180 kilos lighter any considerations about weight evaporate. However with lower than half the horsepower of the Himalayan it could require adjusting from a sluggish motorbike to a good slower one. And for me, that’s a part of the attraction.

“Much less is extra” is one thing my pal Paul tells me. And I get that. A smaller, decrease powered machine appears to make even strange rides extra of an journey. Partly as a result of there’s much more to handle when you end up a rolling roadblock.

So proper now my thoughts is slowly turning over what life with a Honda is likely to be like. And the way I’ll really feel about releasing the Himalayan. Too unhealthy I can’t match 5 machines within the storage.

Vespa ET4 at the Pump Station cafe.
Pondering one sluggish machine whereas driving one other.

Considering on the Pump Station Cafe

I journey right down to the Pump Station for breakfast. Typically to simply assume a bit. About writing, or images, driving, or a brand new motorbike. The Vespa ET4 has related efficiency on the street to the Honda CT 125 Path. I feel. There’s nonetheless some investigation to do. And I want to take one for a take a look at journey. Or a minimum of sit on one.

There’s a vendor 50 miles away with a pair in inventory. Maybe I can persuade them to let me take one for a spin.

Breakfast at the Pump Station cafe.
Meals, drink, and thought.

Life is Good

If my solely drawback in life is whether or not to get a special motorbike then life is fairly rattling good. Granted, there are different points in my life however every part appears to have pale to the background as I wrestle with this existential query — Himalayan or Honda 125 Path.

My spouse says to simply let it simmer in my mind for some time. I didn’t inform her the water is already boiling.

Anybody focused on a lovingly used 2022 Himalayan??



The post Royal Enfield Himalayan or a Honda 125 Path? appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/royal-enfield-himalayan-or-a-honda-125-path/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=royal-enfield-himalayan-or-a-honda-125-path

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...