Saturday 25 November 2023

Amelia Squariel: FH – extra shims & trimming nuts


 Following yesterday’s abortive first try, I pulled the circumstances aside once more for a take a look at the massive finish nuts and to suit one other shim to the drive aspect principal bearing.

Roger Gwynn, all spherical guru, Ariel Hero and founding father of Draganfly Bikes (with out whom us Arielisti can be misplaced at sea) advised me on the AOMCC Discussion board that the massive finish nut/crankcase clearance is shut in these engines however you need not take away a lot materials to keep away from a conflict. Roger beneficial grinding some materials from the circumstances.

What I’ve finished as we speak is make a 1 mm chamfer on the offending edges of the 2 timing aspect nuts, so now I do know what clearance I want to supply. If I can present that clearance with out modifying elements I will probably be a cheerful bunny.

Membership member Mick instructed that the truth that no bolt thread protruded past the nut wasn’t passable, for the reason that locking a part of the nut was most likely bearing on a lowered (tapered) a part of the thread:

I’ve ordered a brand new set of nuts, nonetheless self locking however to a barely shallower sample (nonetheless huge finish nuts, not one thing nasty) and I will use these with bigger however thinner washers I feel. That can assure the self locking little bit of the nut is on the complete diameter of the bolt thread. I’ll most likely must make the washers myself on the lathe.

In the meantime, including a 0.1 mm shim to the 0.25 mm shim already there has given me 0.07 mm finish float, or about 0.0027”.

That can do properly.

The post Amelia Squariel: FH – extra shims & trimming nuts appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/amelia-squariel-fh-extra-shims-trimming-nuts/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=amelia-squariel-fh-extra-shims-trimming-nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...