Friday 16 February 2024

Lengthy Termer: Suzuki GSX-8S | MoreBikes


Stu Baker’s put practically 3000 miles on the GSX-8S in six months. Right here’s what’s been occurring with Stu:

I had been using for nearly seven hours and had coated 354 miles. There have been simply six miles to go and, whereas the Suzuki GSX-8S had handed her first touring check with flying colors, I used to be getting fairly stiff and was simply prepared for residence. I used to be hungry, thirsty and scorching. I wished out of my using gear. I simply wished to be residence.

Then midway via overtaking a automobile, I needed to abort. The entrance finish of the bike went mild, and I couldn’t steer it correctly. I pulled over, realising I had obtained a puncture. Nice. Simply six miles from residence. The one comfort was that, had it occurred in a extra distant a part of my journey again from Scotland (and on a Sunday, too) I’d have been stranded for an extended, very long time.

Article continues under…
Advert




Get pleasure from every thing Extra Bikes by studying the month-to-month newspaper, Learn FREE On-line.

Suzuki GSX-8S

I had a canister of gunk with me and will have squirted that into the tyre to get me residence, however I understand how a lot of a multitude it makes of wheel rims, so I opted to attempt to wobble residence at about 13mph. The tyre wasn’t completely flat at that time, so I believed I’d make it.

Inside seconds of me pulling over to the aspect of the street, one other biker stopped to supply help. I instructed him I used to be going to attempt to wobble residence, so he rode shotgun for me, defending me from visitors. After a few miles, I realised I might handle and didn’t need to smash the opposite man’s day by making him trip at 13mph, so thanked him and flagged him on his manner. I didn’t get his identify, however thanks, whoever you might be. Bikers actually are only one massive household and it’s at moments like those who you realise it. 

The puncture added an hour to my journey, and I’d by no means been so glad to get residence and get out of my equipment. I’d kind the tyre the subsequent day. However I’d forgotten {that a} puncture on a motorcycle often leaves me bikeless for not less than two weeks. I ordered a set of Bridgestone Battlax T32 Sport Touring tyres (£280 plus becoming) and needed to wait just a few days for them to show up, however that’s honest sufficient. What’s annoying is how lengthy it takes to get a set of tyres fitted the place I stay. The one mechanic I do know of domestically was totally booked for 2 weeks, so I used to be grounded throughout among the finest climate we’d had all yr. I imply, you will get tyres fitted to a automobile whilst you wait, so why is it so exhausting with a motorcycle?

Article continues under…

Advert



Anyway, I made a decision to strive the Bridgestones as an alternative of becoming one other set of the Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 tyres that got here with the bike. Bridgestone says its new T32 tyres are designed to cowl all bases and are notably good in moist circumstances and, with winter quick approaching, it made sense to strive them. The Bridgestones are rather more rounded than the Dunlops and this provides them a 13% larger contact patch than their predecessors, the T31s. The agency additionally claims a 7% enchancment in stopping distance within the moist and the T32s received a comparative tyre check carried out by UTAC (a market-leading group in automobile testing and kind approval) at Millbrook. I’ve to say they really feel nice and, with their rounded profile and much higher tread sample they, encourage actual confidence going into winter.


Advert


Get pleasure from every thing Extra Bikes by studying the MoreBikes month-to-month newspaper. Click on right here to subscribe, or Learn FREE On-line.

Signal-up to the Extra Bikes Publication

Enter your e-mail tackle under and get common updates straight to your inbox…

You possibly can unsubscribe at any time.

The post Lengthy Termer: Suzuki GSX-8S | MoreBikes appeared first on lickscycles.com.



source https://lickscycles.com/lengthy-termer-suzuki-gsx-8s-morebikes/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=lengthy-termer-suzuki-gsx-8s-morebikes

No comments:

Post a Comment

2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 Overview | First Experience

The 2025 CFMOTO Ibex 450 is a good addition to the ADV phase. We gave it a correct thrash on the world launch in Palawan, Philippines, a...